Rhythm Kids™ Combo Class
Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children from Pre - K through second grade (ages 4 through 8). (**Prior participation in Music Together is NOT REQUIRED)
The Combo Class will combine both levels and be used when enrollment is not sufficient to hold two separate Level 1 & Level 2 classes.
Rhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
- • learn multicultural drumming patterns
- • develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- • explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- • play games based on music and drumming;
- • have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
• 8 weekly, 45-minute classes
• NEW Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
This is an instrument-learning class - drums will be provided during class but children 5 yrs & up will need a drum (Preview visits are available before purchasing). Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
**If you have a request for a certain day or time frame for a class please let us know. This class is also available to homeschool children.