Rhythm Kids™ Level Two
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in
Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). (**Completion of Level 1 for 4 - 5 yrs is NOT REQUIRED)
Children integrate and assimilate
rhythm into their lives, as they:
- • learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- • develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- • explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- • play games based on music and drumming;
- • have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the
pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm
Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at
home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
**A Djembe Drum for your child to keep
• Animal Collection Songbook and CD & music download each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico,
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Drums are included in tuition because this is an instrument learning program and it is important that your child have a drum to play with at home. If you would like to purchase a larger drum ask us about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
**If you have a djembe drum already - please contact the office prior to registration for a price adjustment.
Families new to Music Together will pay a one time registration fee of $20
**If you have a request for a certain day or time frame for a class please let us know. This class can be scheduled for homeschool children.