Rhythm Kids Level 1
Rhythm Kids™ Level One
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool - kindergarten child (ages 4–5) with a parent
or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play
music-based games. *Appropriate for all - prior attendance to Music Together not required
*In Aquebogue the Level 1 class is open to children up to age 7 yrs.
*If your child is age 5 - 8 yrs - View Level 2 available in Port Jeff.
Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate
music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be
musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- create movement ideas for songs
- even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete
the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
- 9 weekly, 45-minute classes
- **A Djembe Drum for your child to keep
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs & music download each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
- • Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- • Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- • Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums are included in tuition because we feel it is important that your child have a drum to
play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!). If you would like to purchase a larger drum ask us about
the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
**If you have a djembe drum already - please contact the office prior to registration for a price adjustment.
Families new to Music Together will pay a one time registration fee of $20. Schedule a Preview Visit at the first class - receive a coupon for $20 off at the class.
**PLEASE NOTE - If the Port Jeff Level 2 class scheduled for 5:45 does not run for the semester the LEVEL 1 class WILL be moved to 5:45 instead of 4:45.